Re: Fed10 and recording quitar music

johnbs wrote:
Hello everybody,
could somebody please give me the load down on recording quality music with Fedora 10? What programmes should I use, etc in fact everything! My friends tell me I would have to quit Fedora and go to Windows : an idea which does not please me. Thanks a lot.
John Brennan-Sardou.

I can give you one tip right away, you want a decent sound card. Since everything I have is old I won't suggest, but some of the motherboard sound implementations are total garbage.

If you just want to grab the audio actually the "rec" program, part of sox, gives you what you need. If you want to filter, mix, etc, etc, you will need other programs mentioned here.

--
Bill Davidsen <davidsen tmr com>