creating own RPMs

David Hláčik david at hlacik.eu
Wed Mar 11 23:09:57 UTC 2009

Hello guys,

I will be creating rpm packages for software company i work for. I
have built a lot of rpm packages by myself, so I have experience with
that.
But my question is :
How to make this process more comfortable and improve efficiency.

So far i was creating packages by using rpmdevtools and rpmbuild itself.
I've read about mock , which is chrooted environment for building
SRPMs . But does this mock can be applied on spec files? Do i need to
prepare srpm package before i can work with mock? If so, this will not
help me much.

How should i proceed with creation of srpms besides of rpm utils and
rpmbuild build only source.

Thanks in advance,

David