SPAM: Re: "Clock" has quit unexpectedly REPOSTED

Steve zephod at cfl.rr.com
Thu Mar 12 12:46:30 UTC 2009

---- "Paul W. Frields" <stickster at gmail.com> wrote:
> On Thu, Mar 12, 2009 at 02:31:12PM +1100, L wrote:
> > Hi
> >
> > I posted this question days ago, got no answer, hope some one may offer a fix.
> >
> > Whenever I click on gnome clock icon (/usr/libexec/clock-applet), I
> > always got this error
> >
> > "Clock" has quit unexpectedly
> > If you reload a panel object, it will automatically be added back to the panel.
> >
> > Do not reload/Reload
> >
> > the system is
> > Linux  2.6.27.19-78.2.30.fc9.x86_64 #1 SMP Tue Feb 24 19:44:45 EST
> > 2009 x86_64 x86_64 x86_64 GNU/Linux
> >
> > gnome-panel-2.22.2-3.fc9.x86_64
> >
> > Not sure how or why? hope someone could offer a fix
>
> I'm not sure if this will help, but you can try removing or renaming
> the directory ~/.gconf/apps/panel/applets/clock (which is user
> customizations for the clock), and then reloading the applet.
>
> Otherwise, you could try attaching to it with gdb and generating a
> backtrace when it crashes, and then file a bug.  I tried to reproduce
> this on my F10 system but couldn't.

I have the same issue and others do too. It was reported it here some time ago - about 2 months maybe but I don't remember the thread subject.

Are you running evolution by any chance? IIRC the problem started for me when I tried to open the task manager from the window thgat drops down when you click on the clock so my suspicion is that this is an evolution problem.

Steve.