Re: f10 annoying bugs/enhancements: chooser

On Thu, Mar 12, 2009 at 11:56:41AM +0000, Sharpe, Sam J wrote:
> Fran├žois Patte wrote:
> >
> >Bonjour,
> >
> >New chooser in f10 (I mean the screen where you used to enter login and
> >password).
> >
> >We can see all users of the machine, just click on your name, then enter
> >your pass.... OK. At home, my small family... no problem.
> >
> >At the university: 300 students allowed to login on one computer.... or
> >ldap authentication....
> >
> >How to disable this "enhancement" and fall back to an old-style chooser
> >(login/password, maybe a nice picture...)
>
> Add or edit /etc/gdm/custom.conf and add this section:
>
> [greeter]
> Browser=false
>
> Then restart gdm...

This doesn't seem to work in F10. I remember seeing other posts on it,
and the consensus was th at a lot of the configurability has been disabled,
including the ability to control the font size (which on my eeepc is HUGE
on the small screen).

Allegedly, replacing it with the one from F9 solves the proglem, though
I haven't tried that.

--
---- Fred Smith -- fredex fcshome stoneham ma us ------------------------ ----
                    Do you not know? Have you not heard?