Re: So what kind of dependency stupidity is this?

Jim wrote:

Kevin I run across this all the time, it is frustrating, but I just use the command;

rpm -e --nodeps google-gadgets-qt google-gadgets google-desktop-linux

What the --nodeps is , it removes only those packages and no Dependencies.

Hopefully, someday, they will fix that problem in Yum

LOL

It is *not* a problem in yum. Yum is merely doing it's job. The dependencies are in the software itself in most cases and package maintainers control it to some extend. Kevin Kofler has already explained what has happened in this thread. Read it.

Rahul