Evolution throwing away emails for one of my accounts ?

Patrick O'Callaghan pocallaghan at gmail.com
Thu Mar 12 21:52:45 UTC 2009

On Thu, 2009-03-12 at 12:58 -0600, Linuxguy123 wrote:
> I found the problem:
>
> evolution-mail-Message: Error occurred while existing dialogue active:
> Cannot append message to mbox
> file: /home/xxx/.evolution/mail/local/Inbox: File too large
> DB Operation ended. Time Taken : 0.167074
>
> I checked an my inbox file is 2GB in size.  Evolution didn't warn me
> or anything.

In which case you should complain to http://bugzilla.gnome.org (but
check first because this error rings a bell and may already have been
reported).

To reduce the size of your Inbox, move stuff to subfolders. Don't forget
to Expunge (or Empty Trash) to make sure the space is really freed. In
fact if you aren't in the habit of doing that, just run Expunge on your
Inbox folder and see if it reduces; it might be full of ancient deleted
messages.

poc