Re: So what kind of dependency stupidity is this?

<snip>

>> HUH?  What possible reason could there be for anything related to KDE to
>> have with the google garbage?
>>
>> Thanks.
>>
>> Kevin
>>

> Kevin I run across this all the time, it is frustrating, but I just
> use the command;
>
> rpm -e --nodeps google-gadgets-qt google-gadgets google-desktop-linux
>
> What the --nodeps is , it removes only those packages and no
> Dependencies.
>
> Hopefully, someday, they will fix that problem in Yum
>
> LOL

Yes, that's what I ultimately did; it's just that one shouldn't have to
force a --nodeps on a remove for something like google* (or anything
else for that matter).  The dependencies for google "stuff" will be
removed, apparently, with the release of KDE 4.2.1 so I guess it'll
happen then.

Kevin