Evolution throwing away emails for one of my accounts ?

Craig White craigwhite at azapple.com
Fri Mar 13 04:07:27 UTC 2009

On Thu, 2009-03-12 at 12:58 -0600, Linuxguy123 wrote:

> I found the problem:
>
> evolution-mail-Message: Error occurred while existing dialogue active:
> Cannot append message to mbox
> file: /home/xxx/.evolution/mail/local/Inbox: File too large
> DB Operation ended. Time Taken : 0.167074
>
> I checked an my inbox file is 2GB in size.  Evolution didn't warn me or
> anything.
----
I have to say that I am confused because I remember you saying that the
problem was with a gmail account which should have been imap and in the
imap subdirectory and not the local subdirectory.

As indicated above, you have an INBOX like a cesspool and you don't
break it down into subdirectories which is really what you need to do
and not allow your INBOX or any subdirectory to get that big.

Craig