Now for Fedora 9 --- Re: Fedora 10 login screen

I need to do this on a FC9 system that has 15 users, and the list thus is long....

Sharpe, Sam J wrote:
Margaret Doll wrote:
I tried adding

[greeter]
Browser=false

to /etc/gdm/custom.conf to change the login screen. This made no changes in the screen.

Is there a gdmsetup or "Login screen setup" program? If so, in which rpm is it located?

1) Did you restart GDM or reboot the machine? Are there multiple lines that say [greeter] in your /etc/gdm/custom.conf?

There is not even a [greeter] line mine.

It may be that it is now configured with GConf, I keep losing track - try:

yum -y install gconf-editor ; gconf-editor

Then navigate to /apps/gdm/simple-greeter and tick the disable_user_list box that I've just found.

There is no disable_user_list box in FC9 as there is in my FC10 system. Can I add one?

You will probably need to restart GDM, which I usually do with "killall -HUP gdm-binary"

2) No, there isn't a setup program any more. GDM settings are moving to gconf and the state of the gdmsetup program is in flux.