Attached DOS text files being converted to Unix text format

I've already sent this to a Mozilla Thunderbird list but received no answer yet.

All e-mails I receive containing DOS text files are being converted to Unix text files when I save them. Unix text files are not changed. Other file formats are also not affected (zip, exe, doc, etc). I'm not sure if this is a Thunderbird problem. I'm running Thunderbird on FC9. Any help will be appreciated.