Re: F10 evolution hangs on imap after a few hours

Craig White wrote:
On Fri, 2009-03-13 at 17:13 -0400, Tom Horsley wrote:
On Fri, 13 Mar 2009 12:58:30 -0700
Craig White wrote:

Anyone else seeing this from evolution-2.24.5-1.fc10.i386 - after an
hour or two on imap connection, I click on a message and the screen
simply says 'Formatting message' but never goes further and even closing
Evolution seems to be hung (it does a purge of all deleted messages per
settings but never actually quits until I force it).
Not that specific behaviour, but evolution is pretty much impossible
to leave running regardless of which kind of mail connection you use.
Something somewhere starts leaking like a sieve and it consumes all
resources on the system. I gave up on evolution and started using
claws-mail - it is vastly more reliable.
----
I've been using evolution for many, many years and it has its bad
versions, its very bad versions and some versions work pretty well.

I share this history, but ... I experienced the evolution in FC10 to be amongst the worst and unstable versions of evolution ever ;)

My conclusion: I stopped using evolution and switched to using thunderbird.

Ralf