Re: Network Manager Only Allows 1 connection only

JohnMinson wrote:
all I want to do is add a second(static) ip (device alias 1) to my interface in addition to the dhcp address all ready being procured .

See the man page on hijacking threads.

I can find no combinations of 'Network Manager' settings that allows this to happen . If I plumb the interface manually after "Network Manager' is finished initializing it works fine .
If I turn off NM I get this in the log
"localhost nm-system-settings: ifcfg-rh: Ignoring connection 'System eth0 ' and its device because NM_CONTROLLED was false." "localhost nm-system-settings: ifcfg-rh: Ignoring connection 'System eth0:1' and its device because NM_CONTROLLED was false."

this should not be this difficult

--
Bill Davidsen <davidsen tmr com>