Re: Fedora splash screen ??

William Case wrote:
> There used to be a check box in the gnome sessions program that let
> you turn off the small Fedora splash screen that showed different
> services starting up at login -- I am NOT talking about the main gdm
> screen.
>
> How do I turn that Fedora Services screen off now?

You still see a gnome splash screen after entering your username in
gdm?  I thought that was disabled by default for ages now, on the
theory that startup should be so fast as to make a splash screen
useless. :)

> And, there used to be a Menus & Toolbars gnome preference program
> that let you turn off the titles under the buttons on program
> toolbars.  Where did that go and how do I turn off button titles?

I believe that what you're looking for is at System -> Preferences ->
Look and Feel -> Appearance, on the Interface tab.

It's reassuring to know that if you behave strangely enough, society
will take full responsibility for you.