NM fails to connect when booting ?? -[SOLVED]

Timothy Murphy gayleard at eircom.net
Wed Mar 18 11:54:47 UTC 2009

Kevin Kofler wrote:

> "Edit Connections" is for primarily editing per-user settings. I think
> there's also a plugin for systemwide settings which can be edited at the
> same place, but Fedora is using a plugin to use the existing
> system-config-network settings instead, so you have to fire up
> system-config-network to change systemwide settings.

Am I alone in thinking the "per user" paradigm is crazy?
How many people actually have WiFi laptops used by several people
who want to connect in different ways?
I would guess it is less that 1%.

I wish some guru who understands NM would bring out a variant
that just connects on bootup.
I'm pretty sure the standard version would rapidly fall into disuse.

--
Timothy Murphy
e-mail: gayleard /at/ eircom.net