Re: Church sound

Tim wrote:

But, despite your best efforts, you could be hamstrung by having a
rotten sound card in your computer.  Many of them have awful input
stages.  These days, mobile DJs that use computers instead of discs,
will often use an off-board USB sound card to avoid some of the noise
issues they get from internal sound cards.

That sounds like a particularly good thought, since it puts the card outside the computer and away from the noise. A decent shielded USB cable could mode the audio out a foot and get even more isolation if needed. I run a WiFi modem on such a cable (cat steps on the modem otherwise) on the laptop I use in the library.

--
Bill Davidsen <davidsen tmr com>