help with no network connection

I recently downloaded a bunch of bug fixes and patches for fedora 10, and upon rebooting I noticed a small red x next to my network icon.   I can do a system update regularly, yet can not use Firefox or any other internet tools to connect.   I think someone else had a problem with network manager in F10 but I didn't save the digest with the fix.   Please reply to me personally with the answers as I don't get time to regularly read the digests and just delete a pile at a time......

Teddy Bear

"Save a life! adopt or foster a Beagle today"
"Love isn't finding a perfect person, it's seeing an imperfect person perfectly"