Re: Problem with xdg-open

On Wednesday, Mar 18th 2009 at 15:49 -0000, quoth Rex Dieter:

=>Steven W. Orr wrote:
=>
=>> My /etc/mailcap has this entry in it:
=>>
=>> text/html; /usr/bin/xdg-open %s ; copiousoutput
=>>
=>> But when I go to a link because of it, it ends up starting Konqueror. How
=>> do I tell xdg-open that this is *not* my preferred app and that I'd like
=>> it to use firefox instead?
=>
=>What DE are you using? If kde, then launcher konqueror isn't surprising.
=>Else, looks wrong to me.
=>

On Wednesday, Mar 18th 2009 at 15:52 -0000, quoth Rex Dieter:

=>The answer is, in whatever environment you're in, how to set the default
=>browser (ie, the default handler for text/html).

Ok, What's a DE. I am using KDE. Also, there's nothing in my environment
that has konq in it.

570 > env | grep -i konq
571 >

steveo at syslang.net