xfce 4.6.0 for F10

psmith johnsmithdoe14 at googlemail.com
Thu Mar 19 00:05:31 UTC 2009

Kevin Fenzi wrote:
> On Mon, 02 Mar 2009 23:12:41 +0000
> "Frank Murphy (Frankly3D)" <frankly3d at gmail.com> wrote:
>

>> Kevin Fenzi wrote:
>>
>>> I can update that and let you know where the repo is if you want to
>>> test them?

>>> kevin
>>>

>> I would also be willing to test.
>>
>> FRank
>>

>> that would be great kevin, just let me know when your repo is ready
>> and i'll get to testing them out :)
>>
>> phil
>>

> ok. I have a prelim repo setup here now. ;)
>
> Note: You will need to 'rpm -e imsettings-xfce' first as I don't have
> the updated imsettings plugin in the repo yet.
>
> The repo is at:
>
> http://www.scrye.com/~kevin/fedora/46-for-f10/
>
> there are i386 and x86_64 packages. I tried to also do plugins.
>
> You can use:
>
> --cut--
> [46-for-f10]
> name=Xfce 4.6 for Fedora 10
> failovermethod=priority
> baseurl=http://www.scrye.com/~kevin/fedora/46-for-f10/10/$basearch/
> enabled=1
> gpgcheck=0
> --cut--
>
> In a /etc/yum.repos.d/xfce46-for-f10-testing-only.repo file.
>
> Note that these are unofficial and for testing only.
> I welcome all feedback, but make no promises. ;)
>
> If things go smoothly in feedback and in the upcoming Xfce test day for
> rawhide we may update f10. It's still a lot of change, so we are leary
> of jumping on it too fast.
>
> Let me know how it goes. ;)
>
> kevin

kevin everything seems to be fine so far with 4.6 on F10 but for one
problem, in replacing xfce-mcs-plugin-gsynaptics i can no longer change
my touchpad settings with the gui, every time i try to start
xfce4-mouse-settings from either the system menu or the xfce4 settings
manager i get a segfault,

xfce4-mouse-set[2817]: segfault at 0 ip 0804abc7 sp bfb84680 error 4 in
xfce4-mouse-settings[8048000+a000]

this is the only error i've come accross so far, system is an acer
aspire one A150

uname -a
Linux aspire.one 2.6.29-0.53.aao150.rc7.fc10.i686 #1 SMP Fri Mar 6
13:57:19 GMT 2009 i686 i686 i386 GNU/Linux

if there's anything you want me to do just let me know, but it's not a
problem as i can use synclient if for any reason i want to change the
touchpad settings

phil