I was using fedora and redhat since 2000. To day, I can see that our favorite distro is really very strong. However, I have done some experience (short) with Ubuntu and I have liked to LTS concept (Long Term support).
My idea is to build a distribution that is based on Fedora at 100% with
2. with a very reduce number of packages
3. with proprietary codecs and essentiel software (mp3, flash ) included in.
I know that the variety of the open source projects are making it's power. However, I aim to build a distribution with only one software from each catégory. That is, I have to choose between:
* KDE and GNOME for the destop
* rhythembox , kaffeine, ....... as media player
* abiword or openoffice as office writer
Technically, I will maintain a repository with a reduced number of packages.
If I get positive feed back from this list, I can start working on this project in july
This distribution will be very useful for starter!!
PhD candidate in Computer Science
BP 108, Bureau de poste Tunis republique
tel: +216 97 246 706
fax: +216 71 391 166