Re: Request for help on VM

On Fri, Mar 20, 2009 at 05:00:00PM +0530, RAMAKISHOREBABU KOPPULA wrote:
> I have two partitions in my PC. I have installed F10 on one partition and
> Windows XP on the second partition. Now, can I run the XP as guest OS on F10
> using VM? and how?

Set up a VM, and for the disk device, select "Normal disk partition"
and point to the device node that contains your Windows system.  If
you're not sure what that is, run:

su -c 'fdisk -l /dev/sda'

(Provide the root password at the prompt.)  Look for the device that
contains an NTFS file system; this is the one you'll use in your VM
guest setup.  I'm using KVM on F10, but I think this is fairly
standard.