Re: How to optimally set up components for SOHO mail system.

Craig White wrote:
> On Fri, 2009-03-20 at 14:19 +1100, Simon Slater wrote:
>
>> Another question is:  The ISP sends (or I collect) mail via POP3.  Can
>> this then feed into the local IMAP server?  Or to phrase differently, is
>> the mail, just mail to the various programs that handle it, irrespective
>> of the transport protocol and so can pass through one protocol to
>> another and from one program to another?
> ----
> fetchmail retrieves mail from ISP using POP3 or other supported
> protocols and then hands it off to your SMTP server (Sendmail or Postfix
> or ???)

It can also do a rewrite of the email address as part of the
process, so your local email address does not have to match the ISPs
email address. It can also handle cases where your ISP puts all the
mail for the users on your local domain into one mailbox.

Mikkel