Respawning to a specific console

Hello All,

I am trying to respawn a program to run on tty6
So far I have been able to get a respawn, but find the program is not actually running on tty6

I'm trying to duplicate what I used to do in inittab with this line:

6:2345:respawn:/tnos/startnos /dev/tty6

Here's what I have tried so far:

start on stopped rc2
start on stopped rc3
start on stopped rc4
start on stopped prefdm

stop on runlevel 0
stop on runlevel 1
stop on runlevel 6

respawn
exec /tnos/startnos /dev/tty6

This respawns the program and when I switch to tty6 I see the program output on the screen, but when I attempt to type at the programs command line, I am dropped back to the O/S command line.

I find myself stumped and would greatly appreciate any guidance the list could provide

Paul Delaney
paul hamradio verizon net
http://k6hr.dyndns.org:8080
k6hr k6hr ampr org