Re: F-9 rescue disk?

Tim wrote:
On Sun, 2009-03-22 at 09:25 -0400, Bob Goodwin wrote:
What do I need to creata an F-9 rescue disk. I would prefer not to download an entire dvd due to my bandwidth allocation. Can I make one
from files on the Live CD?

If I recall correctly, the Live CD is already usable as a rescue disc,
just choose the appropriate option when you boot.  Check the notes to be
sure.

No, if that should work then nothing will I guess?

It begins to boot but shows a mess of permission errors and then " init: tty5 respawning too fast, stopped" and that's all she wrote!

I've probably lost it ...

Maybe I should try the F-10 Lice CD since it was in the process of changing things over?

The live CD will boot the computer if I let it go but then I don't know how to get on the original files on my hard drives? I've never been confronted with this problem until now.

Bob