Re: boot problem with software raid1

Fran├žois Patte writes:

Bonjour,

I installed soft raid1 on 2 HD for my f10.

Sometimes, randomly, the system cannot boot and stops after enabling
udev with this message:

checking file system

/dev/md0 Resize inode not valid

Asks me to enter the root password or type Ctrl-D

In bothh case (entering the root password or typing Ctrl-D) the system
reboots and.... checks /dev/md0 and starts normally.

Who can explain me what happen?

Thanks in advance

Perhaps the data isn't consistent between the drives in the RAID, but the softraid doesn't know about it, and it occasionally hits some bad data.

Try dropping, then re-adding one of the drives in the RAID, then wait until it syncs back up, then run fsck again.