Re: Maple on Fedora

Dave Feustel wrote:
Has anyone experience using Maple on Fedora?
Any comments?

Thanks.

It can be made to run but you have to do some minor hacking of the installer binaries. I have only tried it for Fedora core 6. So the new Fedora might be different. From my notes

This is the hack that is required to get the installer to work on Fedora Core 6 which means you have to copy the content of the cd to the Hard Drive then install from there.

cat UnixInstaller.bin.bak | sed "s/export LD_ASSUME_KERNEL/#xport LD_ASSUME_KERNEL/" > UnixInstaller.bin

I hope this helps :)