Re: Fedora 10 on AMD X2

Bill Gaylord (wwg3) wrote:
I have repeatedly tried to upgrade to Fedora 10 from 9 that is on my machine.  It is a dual core AMD machine using the A740FM-M chipset on an Elite motherboard.  I get up to the visual installation bar at the bottom of the screen and nothing happens.  The monitor at this point shows no signal (turns amber).  I have tried a number of things that I read about with the Intel chipsets but its been no help.  Anyone have a similar experience or a way to get it loaded.  Any help would be appreciated.

wwg3

I have an amd dual core on a MSI mother board. I had a simular problem. I tried to do a text install and that worked but I still couldn't get it to run X. I decided that it just didn't like the onboard video and put a video card in the machine and reinstalled and all was fine.

David