Re: system-config-printer can't find my remote printer ??

On Sun, 2009-03-22 at 20:25 +0000, g wrote:
> William Case wrote:
>
> > BASEMENT: http://localhost:631 shows the correct printer.
> > UPSTAIRS: http://localhost:631 shows NO PRINTER
> >
> > As I said earlier, ping and ssh works in both directions!?
>
> do you have printer sharing enabled on basement system?

And are TCP and UDP ports 631 (ipp service, not 515, lpd, which doesn't
support autodetect) open to the LAN (your ethernet, not  localhost) on
both machines?  (Note that "permissive mode" refers to SElinux, not
iptables.  Use system-config-firewall to set up ports on the network.)

Also, there's a setting in system-config-printer Server -> Settings to
show discovered printers.  IIRC, it is on by default, but it couldn't
hurt to check that on the client.

--
                Matthew Saltzman

Clemson University Math Sciences