Re: Virtual Box

2009/3/21 Kevin Kofler <kevin kofler chello at>:
> Mike Cloaked wrote:
>> However the box I wanted to try this on does not have the hardware
>> virtualisation flags that are the first test in the documentation for
>> running KVM.  The question I am unclear about is whether KVM can still be
>> used but give very slow performance, or does not having the "vmx" flag
>> mean you can't use KVM at all?
>
> Well, you can use QEMU and it will be extremely slow. I think the qemu-kvm
> binary will fallback to software QEMU emulation if KVM is not supported.

OK, here I'm finding some problems with KVM. I have a AMD Athlon X2 64
but kvm module doesn't load:

# grep -c svm /proc/cpuinfo
2
# modprobe kvm-amd
FATAL: Error inserting kvm_amd
(/lib/modules/2.6.27.19-170.2.35.fc10.x86_64/kernel/arch/x86/kvm/kvm-amd.ko):
Operation not supported

Now, why is that? I have support for kvm-amd but the module fails to come up.

Any ideas?

--
Martín Marqués
DBA, Programador, Administrador