Re: system-config-printer can't find my remote printer ??

William Case wrote:

> I have had remote printing working before with different printers and
> different OSes.

check your upstairs computer to see that it is set for lan/external printing,
set for correct printer config used downstairs.

check all cups settings and selection for correct printer and driver?

hplip, if an hp inkjet or laser printer, correct printer and driver?
[please excuse any repeated questions]

will upstairs computer print to printer when directly connected?

--

peace out.

tc,hago.

.

****
**
help microsoft stamp out piracy - give linux to a friend today
**
to mess up a linux box, you need to work at it;
to mess up an ms windows box, you just need to *look at* it.
**
learn linux:
'HowtoForge' http://howtoforge.com/
****