Re: system-config-printer can't find my remote printer ??

William Case wrote:
Yes it is on by default.  Double checked before replying and it is on.
system-config-printer probes for any existing printers first then
provides an installation page with several options.  One option is HPLIP
which I tried.  It says it can't find a printer.  (Actually I tried all
the options -- none seemed to work).

You shouldn't need to use system-config-printer on the upstairs machine; a minute or so after the firewall has been adjusted the queue should just appear in printing dialogs.

See my other mail in this thread. Sounds like you need to use the printing troubleshooter: Help->Troubleshoot from the system-config-printer menu.

Tim.
*/