OS "hiccups"

Craig White craigwhite at azapple.com
Mon Mar 23 17:16:25 UTC 2009

On Mon, 2009-03-23 at 17:43 +0100, Kevin Kofler wrote:
> Craig White wrote:
> > Personally, I have trouble when I've been viewing PDF's within Firefox
> > using the AdobeReader plugin and memory gets out of control.
>
> Why are you still using the proprietary Adobe Reader? Use Okular! :-) Or
> Evince.
----
I am using proprietary Adobe Reader until I can fill out data forms in
something else and last time I checked, I couldn't do that in anything
but acroread.

The Adobe Reader application isn't so bad but the plugin for Firefox
just ends up eating RAM until it becomes unusable. Generally, I get
around to removing the plugin so that files just simply get downloaded
and opened separately but I haven't done that yet to this system...but I
will soon.

Craig