Re: copying lvm with the same name

Aldo Foot wrote:
On Mon, Mar 23, 2009 at 8:53 AM, Robin Laing
<Robin Laing drdc-rddc gc ca> wrote:
There needs to be a firm way of changing and editing LVM characteristics in
these situations.

--
Robin Laing

Hopefully the LVM toolset will be refined overtime. Rick said he'd
look into the bugzilla
reports; hopefully someone will take notice of what's being discussed.
We could spend the whole day creating volumes, but the real test is when we
need to implement some rescue procedure as the one at hand.

I browsed bugzilla and didn't see any complaints of this type. I've filed a bug (491737) and suggested some fixes/enhancements. We'll see
what happens.
-    "Hello. My PID is Inigo Montoya.  You `kill -9'-ed my parent    -
-                     process.  Prepare to vi."                      -