On system-config-printer

I've been following but not understanding the thread
"system-config-printer can't find my remote printer ?".

Actually I never user system-config-printer
because I came to the conclusion long ago
that it is incompatible with the web-interface to cups.

Is that no longer the case?

--
Timothy Murphy
e-mail: gayleard /at/ eircom.net