Missing Hardware After Update

I've updated my primary system from the base Fedora 9 to the latest maintenance level.  This Fedora 9 is running on a custom built box with a AMD Phenom Quad-Core, 8 GB RAM, a HP RW CD/DVD dual layer with lightscribe.

After the update, I see that base device for the DVD isn't there (/dev/sr0)!  Does anyone have a idea how I can get it back?

TIA,
Gene