konsole trouble

I'm running Fedora 10 under the Gnome desktop on a Toshiba laptop. Last night I seem to have messed up the konsole application (not sure how, but I think it turned dark, wouldn't respond, so I killed the app), and now it will not launch (although Terminal will launch, but I don't really like Terminal). The problem is also present with other user accounts, so it doesn't seem like it's a local profile setting. The Microsoft fix of rebooting does not solve the problem either. Any suggestions? Thanks very much in advance if you can help me.

Robert Singleton