How do I add ntp servers??

Beartooth Beartooth at comcast.net
Tue Mar 24 18:49:42 UTC 2009

On Tue, 24 Mar 2009 14:10:30 -0400, Tom Horsley wrote:
	[....]
> Generally speaking, the best way to get NTP servers these days is to use
> the "pool" servers (unless you have a closer local one such as one run
> by your ISP or corporation). See http://www.pool.ntp.org/en/use.html

	That says, inter alia :

	If your Internet provider has a timeserver, or if you know of a
good timeserver near you, you should use that and not this list - you'll
probably get better time and you'll use fewer network resources

-- which is exactly what I'm trying to do.

	Btw, ntpq -pn does have an asterisk; and whois resolves that IP
and three more as belonging to Virginia Tech, which is two or three miles
away.

	My thanks for both replies!