Re: URL error message in Thunderbird -

Kevin J. Cummings wrote:
Bob Goodwin wrote:
I copied .thunderbird, or at least parts of it, from F-9 to this F-10 computer to transfer the mail. That's probably where the request for a firefox 3.0.6 file came from! I don't know where that reference to 3.0.7 is made. I can remove and reinstall thunderbird but I will loose mail and the mail filters.

I think I'll put that on my list of things to deal with later.

Then my suggestion would be to make your /usr/lib/firefox-3.0.6 directory a symlink to your /usr/lib/firefox directory (which is probably a symlink to your /usr/lib/firefox-3.0.7 directory).
This may (or may not) fix your problem permanently....
Yes, I'll consider that. In the mean time it's just a matter of pasting the URL in Firefox, something I might do once or twice a day. I'll live with it for a while ...

Thanks.

Bob

This shift to F-10 has been a disaster for me. Preupgrade has failed to deal with F-9 on my primary computer and left F-9 unusable and with corrupted files, lost data.

Thanks for the suggestions.

Bob