Re: Missing Hardware After Update

On Tue, 2009-03-24 at 12:50 -0400, Gene Poole wrote:
> The DVD drive is on the single IDE connection and it is set to be the
> slave

Bad manufacturing notwithstanding, an IDE device plugged in by itself
should ALWAYS be set as the MASTER (whether that be set by using the
master position on a cable select IDE cable, or jumpers on the drive).

--
[tim localhost ~]$ uname -r
2.6.27.19-78.2.30.fc9.i686

read messages from the public lists.