Re: kernel source code

Bill Davidsen wrote:
Thierry wrote:

pushparaj muthu a écrit :
" No rule to make target  "missing -syscalls " stop
Please do provide link to download kernel-2.6.23 tar file .( Not rpm
package)
You can get Fedora RPMs using yum, and kernel.org unpatched kernels at kernel.org. Be *very* aware that the Fedora kernel is not the unpatched original, for some kernels that makes a significant difference, for others not. Fedora kernels may have features added which are simply not in the reference kernel.

As to your problem (rather than your question) you may not have the right tool chain installed to do the build.

And as a side note, I just pulled a source rpm off rawhide, for kernel 2.6.29-rc8-git and it would unpack due to "MD5 errors" in the install. Don't know what that's all about, I used rpm2cpio and verified that the cpio data was actually correct.

I guess I'll test on 2.6.29 stock, I really want the new video stuff.

--
Bill Davidsen <davidsen tmr com>