Re: FC10 - gedit strange behaviour

David wrote:

One a fresh FC10 install, gedit 'moves' to the current workspace.  Even
if it is behind other windows, as I switch from workspace to workspace,
gedit moves.  This is very upsetting.

I have found if I go into preferences, exit from preferences, close
gedit, and reopen gedit, this behavor stops.

Strange and distracting.  Just one more thing I have to 'fix' with each
FC10 install.

Been a while since I have used KDE but that, IIRC, used to be a
'feature' of KDE. You using KDE?
gnome.

Did not mention this. I have never run KDE so I kind of ASSuMEd that a
KDE user would be dealing with kedit, not gedit...

Depends Robert. I know Gnome users that like K3b for example. Why I am not
sure but they do. I, myself, used Gedit when I first started with Linux and
that was KDE 2.x.

And I do run k3b on my gnome'd laptop.

This was a fresh, formatted install or an update? This sounds like an old
setting put into an updated install.
absolutely fresh.

3 such installs so far, and all have exhibited this behaviour.