kernel source code

Bill Davidsen davidsen at tmr.com
Thu Mar 26 04:32:32 UTC 2009

Rahul Sundaram wrote:
> Bill Davidsen wrote:
>
>> And as a side note, I just pulled a source rpm off rawhide, for kernel
>> 2.6.29-rc8-git and it would unpack due to "MD5 errors" in the install.
>> Don't know what that's all about,
>
> Rawhide has switched to using SHA256 instead of MD5 everywhere including
> RPM. Details in the stronger hashes feature at
>
> https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Releases/11/FeatureList

Actually it seems to be signed with a key I don't see, the message is:
   kernel-2.6.29-0.258.rc8.git2.fc11.src.rpm: RSA sha1 (MD5) (PGP) md5 NOT OK
(MISSING KEYS: PGP#d22e77f2)

I assume it's a key only in the FC11 release, which isn't in older systems. A
problem for another day, I'm content now that I understand why it fails.

--
Bill Davidsen <davidsen at tmr.com>