Re: rkhunter found this...

On Thu, 26 Mar 2009, Daniel B. Thurman wrote:

The "clue" I left was:
=======[/dev/nul]=========
# more /dev/nul
nsdc: no patch necessary.

For fun,  I looked at: /etc/init.d/nsd and there was code
in two places that had: 2>%1 (a stderr redirect?) and I suspected
it was intended to be: 2>&1?  I was not sure the % was
something I have seen before - this does not exists in the
entire /etc/init.d directory except for nsd!  Bug????

The first question you should be asking is if this is a genuine file from a genuine package. If it is, and if it hasn't been editted then you certainly should submit a bug report. But you should keep in mind the possibility that rkhunter is complaining because there really is a root kit on your system masquerading as something else.

	Michael Young