rkhunter found this...

M A Young m.a.young at durham.ac.uk
Fri Mar 27 09:35:39 UTC 2009

On Thu, 26 Mar 2009, Daniel B. Thurman wrote:

> The "clue" I left was:
> =======[/dev/nul]=========
> # more /dev/nul
> nsdc: no patch necessary.
> ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
> ========================
>
> For fun,  I looked at: /etc/init.d/nsd and there was code
> in two places that had: 2>%1 (a stderr redirect?) and I suspected
> it was intended to be: 2>&1?  I was not sure the % was
> something I have seen before - this does not exists in the
> entire /etc/init.d directory except for nsd!  Bug????

The first question you should be asking is if this is a genuine file from
a genuine package. If it is, and if it hasn't been editted then you
certainly should submit a bug report. But you should keep in mind the
possibility that rkhunter is complaining because there really is a root
kit on your system masquerading as something else.

 	Michael Young