please recommend PCIe2.0x16 graphics card for fedora 10

I've upgraded my motherboard to an Asus P6T with i7 processor, which seems to run OK until I reboot after software updates, then I have to reset the CMOS each time.

I suspect the bios conflicts with an old PCI graphics card (3D labs oxygen) which shows up during POST before the screen goes blank.

If someone knows a better explanation please tell me, but the card doesn't seem to be displaying / recognised fully either.

I don't need high end graphics and I don't want SLI because a bios upgrade may be required, but I am considering getting a budget PCIe2.0x16 graphics card and I would be grateful for any recommendations for or against a particular card or chipset so I don't buy into more problems.