Re: Running Akonadi as root (was: Re: Akonadi on f10 (again))

Gene Heskett wrote:
> I added that both places, but mysqld is still running as mysql.  After
> many reboots.

The setting I mentioned only affects the local mysqld started from Akonadi.

> stopped mysqld

This shouldn't be necessary if you tell Akonadi to use its own instance.

> I would consider this a bug if it can't find and use an already running
> mysqld.  Is that a good assessment?

There's definitely a problem somewhere there, maybe a bug, maybe a
configuration issue, it's hard to tell.

        Kevin Kofler