Re: How to get send mail without localhost.localdomain

Ed Greshko wrote:
Arthur Pemberton wrote:
I put a .forward in /root so that I can receive logwatch emails from
my desktop. But against everything I have tried, I can't get sendmail
to use root example com instead of root localhost localdomain

I don't want to stick example.com in to /etc/hosts as it will mess
with other things (the workstation is not example.com, but
workstation.example.com)

Is there any reason for not using "MailTo" in /etc/log.d/logwatch.conf ?

or even set logwatch to output the report to an html file instead of mailing the report

phil