Re: [Fedora] FDISK problems

woodson2 wrote:
OS= Fedora 10

I have a secondary 250GB disk of which I created a 50G partition on to try and set-up an LFS system. I finished with the LFS system and now I want to destroy the partition and reclaim all of the 250GB. So i simply ran fdisk /dev/sdb and deleted the 2 Linux partitions ( one 83 and one swap). I then created a new partition as primary partition #1. fdisk appears to see the entire disk....I'm able to start at cylinder 1 and end at 30401 which is 250GB, however when i mount the partition it's shows as only 50G.....What the hell is going on here???
Did you re-create the filesystem after you were done with fdisk? In other words, did you re-run 'mkfs' afterwards?