Re: weather report applet dead again?

jamesh0317 wrote:
I am having the same problem as you Bob. I am using the same version of the gweather-applet.
A simple, if inelegant, workaround until the problem is fixed by the developers/maintainers is to execute "killall gnome-panel" in a terminal after the wireless network connection is made.

I also have the same problem with the clock weather applet. I check the box in preferences to "show weather" and "show temperature" but it never shows.

I renamed /usr/libexec/gweather-applet-2 to gweather-applet-2.x and
installed this little script as gweather-applet-2:

    #!/bin/bash
    delay=10
    until /sbin/route -n | grep -q '^0\.0\.0\.0'; do
        sleep $delay
        [ $delay -lt 60 ] && delay=$(($delay+10))
    done
    exec /usr/libexec/gweather-applet-2.x "$@"

The next update of gnome-applets will overwrite my script with what is
hopefully a fixed executable again.

                Do NOT delete it.