Re: 64 bit kernel in 32 bit system

Bill Davidsen wrote:
I have read that there will be a feature to run a 64 bit kernel in a 32 bit install of FC11. I'm curious about the number of things it would take to build such a kernel for FC10 (other than building the kernel, obviously).

Any input from whoever is does that part for fc11?

I'm not working on this, but from the description, it would require software emulation of the missing 64-bit hardware parts on the 32-bit hardware. A prospect that would slow down the virtualization a lot.

--
Kevin J. Cummings
kjchome rcn com