Re: Virtual Box

Bill Davidsen wrote:
> However, once the install is done, it isn't all that bad to use for simple
> stuff, and even 50x slower is fast enough to see if things work. It was a
> proof of concept, a friend did a Yellow Dog Linux install on the power
> emulation. It's fast enough to compile a program 64 bit if needed, that
> was the goal.

If you're really patient, it is, but waiting 8 hours for TiEmu to build was
a PITA. ;-) As I said, I've done that for the x86_64 packages on
repo.calcforge.org before I got this nice 64-bit laptop I can build my
x86_64 packages on, it was really annoying. And Qt and KDE would probably
take days if not weeks to build in QEMU software emulation.

        Kevin Kofler