How to (manually) create a bootable loop-mounted fedora?

Jiason Li listjiason at gmail.com
Tue Mar 31 08:38:13 UTC 2009

Hi all,

I'm new to the list,
thus any info/suggestions are pretty appreciated,
thank you. :D

What I'm going to do is to (manually) create a bootable loop-mounted fedora,
just like the wubi version of ubuntu.

Now here comes the question:
What steps should I take to achieve this goal?
e.g.:
1. create a disk image mirroring of the whole fedora installation.
2. then...? create an initrd capable of doing the tricks (to mount the
loop image) maybe?
3. if so, how?

ps.
if possible,
a rw loop image solution is preferred than a squashfs+unionfs solution.

I know this may not be so simple,
but any guide/direction/info from you and/or fedora dev may help.

thank you for your time. :D

sincerely,
jiason